To be eligible for the John Thompson Leadership Program, the following requirements must be met:
- Apply for admission to Oklahoma Christian University.
- Submit the John Thompson Leadership Program application.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and/or ACT score of 21.
- Complete the FASFA.
- Eligibility is restricted to domestic minority students.
- FTC and Transfer Students
- The tuition discount scholarship amount is 75% of tuition when coordinated with all other institutional, state and federal grant aid.
- Applications for this scholarship submitted after February 15 will not be used to increase financial aid award packages.
- This scholarship will not combine with an OC discount (All discounts are listed at www.oc.edu/scholarships), with the exception of the Children of Minister’s Discount. Students who qualify for both the Children of Minister’s Discount and the John Thompson Leadership Program will receive a total of $6,000 for both awards.
- The scholarship will combine with an academic scholarship, performance award, and/or Biblical Studies endowed scholarship.
- Recipients must maintain a 2.5 GPA, comply all Ethos requirements, and comply with all John Thompson Leadership Program requirements.
- Award is renewable for four years.
SELECTIONS & ACCEPTANCE:
- Recipients will be selected following an interview process.
- Applicants will be notified of selection within two weeks of receipt of all application requirements and interview.
- The award must be accepted within three weeks of the offer.
- Total recipients will be no more than 10 students per year.
- Complete and sign the application.
- Attach a resume.
- Attach two recommendation letters.
- Request that a copy of your transcript be sent Oklahoma Christian University.
- Complete an interview with Gary Jones, Multicultural & Service Learning Coordinator.