Medical Withdrawal

Petition for Medical Withdrawal

A student unable to complete a drop or withdrawal by its respective deadline (please see the Academic Calendar on myOC) may petition for an exception by submitting a request for a Medical Withdrawal.

A student may be eligible to apply for a Medical Withdrawal if the instructor confirms the student’s last day of attendance and grade status and proper evidence exists to show that a drop or withdrawal could not be completed by the respective deadline or the student was unable to attend class due to unforeseen circumstances. Unforeseen circumstances and/or emergencies (hospitalization, work transfer out of state, etc.) must be documented. Examples of supporting documentation could include the following: statements from a doctor, hospital, emergency room, or employer; death certificate; birth certificate; or obituary from a newspaper. Items must be directly relevant to the unforeseen event or circumstance. Letters from doctors, hospitals, emergency rooms, and employers must be on official letterhead from that institution/business. Documentation must specifically address the semester in question. Also, if other courses were passed during the semester in question, documentation must be provided to explain why the emergency situation only affected certain courses. All approved Medical Withdrawals will be recorded on the student’s academic transcript as a “W.”

Requests for Medical Withdrawal due to poor academic performance, failing to attend, and/or lack of deadline awareness will not be considered. All requests must be initiated within one year of the semester in which grades were assigned. Courses that have been awarded a grade of “C” or higher or that have been completed in full are not eligible for a Medical Withdrawal and must be addressed through the grade appeals process.
Submission of all required documentation does not guarantee approval. Additionally, faculty signature on required form does not guarantee approval. Each case is reviewed by a committee and is judged on its individual merit. A decision is made as to whether the documentation provides sufficient evidence for a Medical Withdrawal.

Mail Medical Withdrawals to: 
Oklahoma Christian University
Registrar's Office
Box 11000
Oklahoma City, OK 73136-1100

Fax Medical Withdrawals to:

Email Medical Withdrawals to:

Hand Deliver Medical Withdrawals to:
Registrar’s Office
Cogswell-Alexander Hall