Withdrawal Process

Withdrawal prior to the first day of the semester can be done on myOC or in the Registrar's Office.

Students who decide to withdraw from all OC classes before the end of the academic semester must complete an official withdrawal form, which can be found in the Registrar’s Office. 

From the first day of the semester forward, students who decide to withdraw from all of their OC classes must complete the form by indicating their official withdrawal date and obtaining a series of required signatures, includes ones from:
  • Student Life
  • Residence Life (if the student is residing in campus housing)
  • the Library
  • Information Technology (if the student has an institutional laptop to return)
  • Financial Services
  • Veteran's Affairs (if the student receives any kind of VA benefits)
  • and the Registrar's Office.

International Students with an F-1 and/or J-1 student visa status must also check with the International Programs Office before attempting to withdraw.

Once the form is returned to the Registrar's Office, students should indicate their reason for withdrawing and sign below the following statement: "I understand I am responsible for any financial charges I currently owe and that I may be required to return all or part of any Title IV funds I have received."

Withdrawal Information for Federal Aid Recipients
All federal aid recipients who completely withdraw from school prior to completing at least 60% of the semester will, by federal policy, be required to repay some portion of the federal funds received.  For more information regarding OC's tuition refund policy or the federal regulations regarding the returning of federal financial aid, please visit www.oc.edu/financial.

The student will be held responsible for any funds the university is required to return to the federal program on the student's behalf.  Payment arrangements will be made through the Student Financial Services Office only.