Position: Reporting to the Integrated Communications Specialist, the OC Marketing and Communications Office seeks a full-time, dynamic Web Developer. As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, graphic or communication design, or related discipline
- Minimum three years experience in the field
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ
- Maintain and support existing OC websites and develop new OC websites
- Optimize landing pages, forms and buttons to maximize conversion rates
- Maximize conversion rates
- Integrate social media, photo sharing, campus databases, etc., into OC websites
- Collaborate with OC marketing team in campaign and branding efforts to execute designs through web and email
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Desire to work in a team environment with the goal of serving the overall mission of the university
- Solutions oriented with a desire to meet client needs
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines with superior time management
- Track jobs, projects and accomplishments in the office project management system
- Proficient on Mac platform
- Attention to detail
- Software: CMS, MailChimp, HTML email
- Experience with mobile development
- Interacting with 3rd party APIs (Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) a plus
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Overnight travel is rare.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins November 26, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.