NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 4, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Vice President for Finance & Chief Financial Officer
Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a Vice President for Finance & Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with exceptional strategic, financial, and interpersonal skills to provide executive leadership and direction for the financial management of the University. The CFO will be responsible for fiscal oversight and financial integrity of the University.
Additional responsibilities will include treasury management, budgets, financial planning and forecasting, financial reporting, investment/endowment oversight, risk management & insurance, debt management, accounting and financial information systems,
The CFO reports directly to the Executive Vice President of the University and will interact extensively with the executive team of the University.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Master’s in Accounting preferred. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the Finance Office of the University including direct supervision of the Controller and the Budget Director.
- Staff liaison with the Board of Trustees Finance Committee.
- Lead and manage compliance efforts including oversight of the annual audit.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with financial institutions, vendors, and other constituents of the University.
- Collaboration with the Executive Team and the Deans to ensure the fiscal strength of the University.
- Leadership and oversight for:
- Treasury management including cash management, endowment management, and debt management.
- Financial reporting and accounting.
- Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting to establish multi-year operational and capital budgets for the University.
- Management reporting and ratio analysis.
- Work with the Student Financial Aid Management and staff to ensure proper compliance with Department of Education regulations
- Organize, reenergize, and enhance university’s financial and business operations in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Provide creative support to strategic planning through financial analyses and modeling of future programs.
- Support significant capital projects through strategic, collaborative, and creative management of each project.
- Serve as lead contact for insurance and business risk management policy negotiation.
- Manage and develop leadership skills in the finance staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- CPA or equivalent financial leadership experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of related work experience. College and University accounting/financial experience preferred.
- Requisite communication and professional skills to build trust and develop strong working relationships with the executive leadership, Trustees, students, staff, community leaders and governments officials.
- Executive level decision making and problem solving skills supported by strong technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources, seek relevant input, and make difficult decisions as needed with transparency and collegiality.
- Ability to present key issues in an accurate, timely, and effective manner to promote thorough understanding of the issues and the rationale for decision-making.
- Experience in building and leading teams.
- Knowledge of and experience in implementing the best financial and compliance practices across the institution.
- Ability to provide oversight for financial planning through a disciplined budget process and financial modeling through collaboration with the senior leadership team
- Self-directed, highly motivated individual who has a proven track record of getting things done.
- Passion, humility, integrity, positive attitude, and mission-driven.
- Understands and supports the mission and philosophy of Christian higher education at Oklahoma Christian University. Must be a member of Churches of Christ.
- Entrepreneurial skills to develop new areas of revenue generation in support of the mission of the university.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins June 15, 2014 and continues until position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, OC application form and a personal statement of faith to Human Resources Assistant Lisa Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.