NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of September 28, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
Full-Time Position: Reports to the University President
Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community that transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.
The key goal of this job is to support the mission of the University by educating and nurturing students in the academic area.
- Creating outstanding educational experiences
- Ensuring faculty unity and commitment to the education mission of OC
- Maintaining the quality in all programs so that regional/professional accreditation is assured
- Administering policies specifically related to the faculty
- Oversight of student evaluations of the faculty
- Appointing new faculty members
- Preparation and accountability of academic budgets
- Adhere to faculty mandate to promote excellence in all academic programs
- Possess a terminal degree
- Demonstrate academic leadership
- Demonstrate loyalty and commitment to Christian education
- Demonstrate experience starting and maturing a successful academic program
- Demonstrate success in student recruiting, community engagement and successful resource development (fundraising)
- Demonstrate professional achievement
- Active member of a Church of Christ congregation
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, active involvement in a local Church of Christ, and support of the Christian mission of the University.
This position will close on September 28, 2012.
Please send your resume and cover letter to L. Lynn Hooper, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.