NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 4, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Texas Admissions Representative (position located in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex)
Position: Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions, the individual selected as Texas Admissions Representative will perform recruitment and admissions activities to successfully attract quality students from the DFW Metroplex to attend Oklahoma Christian University.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum two years related work experience in recruitment, marketing, and/or sales strongly desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Successfully market Oklahoma Christian University to prospective students and families living in the DFW metro area and the state of Texas.
- Consistently exceed weekly contact and activity goals in an effort to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for applications, admitted students, and enrolled students.
- Maintain and appropriately document consistent and regular communication with prospective students and parents throughout the admissions process via email, phone call, face-to-face conversation, text message, social media, and other outlets as appropriate.
- Establish positive, lasting relationships with prospective students, parents, church leaders, alumni, and guidance counselors to promote Oklahoma Christian University in the DFW metro area and the state of Texas.
- Represent Oklahoma Christian University at college fairs and major Church of Christ youth events in the state of Texas.
- Make individual visits to churches and high schools in Texas throughout the fall and spring of each year.
- Arrange and conduct individual meetings with prospective students and parents.
- Help organize group information sessions for prospective students, parents, youth ministers, and guidance counselors.
- Encourage prospective students and parents to visit campus and coordinate with campus visit staff to ensure the success of each visit.
- In cooperation with the North Texas Alumni Association, help mobilize alumni to support the university’s recruitment efforts in the area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Position offices from their home in the DFW Metroplex.
- Work is primarily in an office environment, but setting for prospect meetings/presentations will vary.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Frequent attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Travel throughout DFW and the state of Texas is required.
- Travel to Oklahoma Christian University as necessary for training, prospective student campus visits, and other designated recruitment activities and functions.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins January 9, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.