NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of February 16, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Tenure-Track or Visiting Faculty in the Department of History
Position: The Department of History and Political Science seeks to hire a political scientist for a tenure-track or visitng, full-time position.
Primary Qualifications: Ph.D. is preferred; ABD considered. A focus on International Relations and expertise in geography would be a plus. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and committed to the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403 (b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Recruit, retain, and mentor students in the major, which has an exceptional record of national and regional placement for its graduates;
- Sponsor the Alpha Delta Rho chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, whose Model Arab League teams are perennial winners;
- Teaching load will include Introduction to American Government in the core curriculum, and courses for majors and minors in International Relations, Research Methods, and on occasion, American politics.
- Additional responsibilities include advisement for majors as assigned.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin October 16, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from home congregation) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred)
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.