Tenure-Track Faculty in the School of Nursing
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Nursing expected to launch in the Fall of 2017. The successful applicant will report to the Chair of Nursing.
Primary Qualifications: Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) required; Ph.D. in Nursing preferred. University teaching and on-line teaching experience preferred. Nursing faculty will hold a valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Oklahoma. Demonstrated commitment to online teaching is helpful. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Teach nursing classes.
- Advise students regarding their program progression.
- Evaluate student clinical competencies and course progression at least monthly.
- Contribute to the planning, developing, implementing and evaluating of the philosophy, conceptual framework and curriculum of the nursing education program.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin March 7, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and a statement of research/teaching interest to Human Resources at email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.