Tenure-Track Faculty in the Department of Music
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a tenure-track position in the Department of Music expected to begin in the fall semester 2017.
Primary Qualifications: Applicants with a terminal degree or ABD are preferred, but other qualified applicants will be considered. The specific emphasis of this music position is negotiable. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Course load is 12 credit hours per semester.
- Teach undergraduate music courses according to his or her specialization, and according to the needs of the department.
- Advise students in their program of study
- Serve on university committees
- Participate in department curriculum planning and assessment tasks.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin December 12, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and a statement of research/teaching interest to Human Resources at email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.