Tenure-Track Faculty in the College of Business Administration Sports Management
Position: The College of Business Administration seeks a full time tenure-track faculty member to teach courses in sports administration and to serve as a leader and campus champion for a sports management beginning August 2017. Operating within the College of Business Administration this position will be responsible for teaching in one or more relevant areas, based on academic credentials; providing academic leadership and coordination; and serving as a program liaison to other university departments which contribute to the program.
Additional responsibilities include the organization of advisement for majors as assigned.
- or Ed.D preferred, M.S. or M.A. accepted, with an emphasis in an area of sports management or closely related discipline.
- Leadership ability to draw together a group of faculty from across campus for an Advisory Council to serve as the faculty guidance for the program.
- Minimum of five years of successful teaching, preferably at the college level.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and committed to the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University Benefits Package includes health insurance premium support, retirement plan (403b) matching contribution, tuition discount, life insurance, and numerous other features.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin February 9, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from home congregation) to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred)
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.