Tenure-Track Faculty in Finance/Economics
Position: Oklahoma Christian University’s College of Business Administration seeks candidates for a tenure-track full-time position in Finance/Economics. As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
Primary Qualifications: Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in finance, economics or related field and 3 years experience in the field of finance or economics is required. PhD from a regionally accredited institution in finance, economics, or related field and 5 years experience in finance economics preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and committed to the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403 (b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Projected teaching responsibilities might include risk management; finance; and/or economics (will depend on candidate background)
- Provide academic advising for students in the Risk Management program.
- Serve on university- and college- level faculty committees.
- Serve as an academic advisor to students.
- Assist with recruiting students for the College of Business Administration.
- Serve on Assigned committees.
- Further the mission of the College of Business administration by providing a challenging curriculum in the risk management program; develop community among the students, faculty, staff, and industry members; and doing all things to the glory of God and His son, Jesus the Christ.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin November 27, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts (please do not send official transcripts at this time), 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from home congregation) to Human Resources at email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred)
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.