NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of January 16, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Tenure-Track Faculty in Criminal Justice
Position: Oklahoma Christian University invites applications for a tenure-track position as professor and founding director of a new program in Criminal Justice expected to launch in the Fall of 2017. The successful applicant will work in cooperation with the present chair and existing faculty members in Psychology and Family Studies.
Primary Qualifications: Ph.D. in Criminal Justice is preferred, but JD applicants with extensive experience in the field of Criminal Justice, and ABD candidates in Criminal Justice will be considered. Demonstrated commitment to academic innovation, non-traditional academic programs, and community engagement required. Demonstrated commitment to online teaching is helpful. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Teach introductory and upper-level undergraduate criminal justice courses;
- Maintain close contact with criminal justice advisory board members and develop close ties with local law enforcement and other areas associated with criminal justice;
- Design, implement, assess, and continually improve the criminal justice program;
- Serve as an academic advisor to assigned criminal justice students.
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin November 15, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to final institutional approval.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, and a statement of research/teaching interest to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.