Tealridge Retirement Community Driver/Activity Assistant
Position: The Driver/Activity Assistant provides transportation for Tealridge senior residents on scheduled outings and to doctor’s appointments. In addition this position provides assistance with covering the Front Desk and with the preparation and execution of various senior resident activities. This position reports to the Tealridge Community Relations Director.
- Oklahoma Driver License with a clean driving record.
- A good familiarity with the Edmond and Oklahoma City metro area.
- Must be personable, patient and enjoy working with senior adults.
- Must be a quick learner with the ability to communicate effectively, demonstrate critical thinking, have good organizational skills, work independently, be adaptable and have the ability to identify and solve problems effectively.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Provide transportation to senior residents using Tealridge/OC vehicles.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Tealridge vehicles.
- Assist with the planning and execution of activities for senior residents.
- Set up Activity Room and/or the Living Room for various activities.
- Maintain senior residents with their storage needs.
- Main office skills required: computer skills with Excel, Word and Outlook, filing, phones and other data entry.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving chairs and folding tables using good body mechanics to avoid injury.
- Full-time, up to 40 hours per week with some flexibility.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Pleasant working environment.
Salary and Benefits:
- This is a non-exempt, hourly position. Rate of pay commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins December 13, 2016 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.