NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of October 21, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: The Support Specialist provides technical support for the campus community. This position reports directly to the Manager of Support Services.
Primary Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree and previous work experience in technical support is required. Candidates should have solid technical knowledge as well as interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Assist employees and students, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Document support requests and resolutions
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Troubleshoot system and network problems
- Diagnose hardware or software faults
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals, e.g., software developers
- Support the roll-out of new applications
- Train and supervise student support technicians
- Previous Helpdesk/Support experience.
- Knowledge of Apple and Microsoft client operating systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate and prioritize requests for assistance and project tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving acumen
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review will begin August 11, 2014 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, OC application form and a personal statement of faith to Human Resources Assistant Lisa Jones at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.