NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of June 17, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community which transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
The key goal of this job is to support the mission of the University through sound financial management.
Oklahoma Christian University is seeking applicants for the position of Staff Accountant. This position will report to the Controller. Applications will be accepted until the position is removed from the University's job posting, which may occur anytime on or after the "Open Date for Hire".
A. Duties performed:
- Monthly bank and investment reconciliations
- Other account reconciliation and analysis
- Prepares monthly journal entries
- Monitor departmental budgets and variances
- Preparing schedules and work papers for the external auditors
- Works on special projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
II. Professional Development Requirements:
- Strong Computer Proficiency, Excel and Word skills
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, and ability to apply those principles
B. Training to be obtained:
- Colleague (by Ellucian) ERP software
- Synoptix reporting software
- Bachelors degree (required) in accounting and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) status or candidate
- Up to three years professional experience
- Preference for experience in public accounting with a focus on auditing educational and not-for-profit organizations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the "The Second Mile---Serving One Another" goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, active involvement in a local Church of Christ, and support of the Christian mission of the University.
Please send your cover letter, resume and references to Karen Sorensen, Executive Assistant at Karen.email@example.com
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the University does so to achieve its mission.