Position: The Staff Accountant will be a valuable member of the Business Office team, providing support in the areas of account reconciliation, accounts payable, cashiering, and other accounting functions while also working on special projects for the Accounting Controller as needed. The Staff Accountant will report directly to the Controller.
- Strong analytic skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or business strongly preferred but not required.
- Ability to work accurately in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain financial records, reports, and ledgers.
- Ability to utilize computerized accounting and financial applications.
- Embrace a positive, creative, collaborative, and inclusive team approach to all activities.
- Strong ability to relate well to administration, board, employees, and external financial partners of the University.
- Willingness to serve with a 2nd Mile spirit.
- Support the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Perform bank reconciliation procedures for various bank accounts.
- Analyze, reconcile, balance, and maintain accounting reports.
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
- Support AP Accountant in processing of invoices and check preparations as needed.
- Cross-train with the University Cashier.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Good team player.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins December 8, 2016 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.