NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of April 3, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
The Department of Psychology and Family Studies at Oklahoma Christian University is currently seeking a full-time professor of Psychology or Family Studies. Qualified individuals should hold the Doctorate degree in psychology, family studies, or a related field, with demonstrated ability and experience to teach undergraduate courses in a variety of areas - including the university's general education class in psychology. Area of specialization is flexible. Since the department emphasizes the science of psychology and family studies, the successful candidate will also demonstrate strong research and statistical skills. Individuals who are ABD will be considered and academic rank and salary will be based upon experience and qualifications. Qualified applicants must be active members of the churches of Christ and should include the following materials:
- A cover letter indicating interest in the position
- A vita
- A statement of teaching philosophy specific to a Christian, Liberal arts institution
- A statement of church affiliation and acceptance of institution's values
- A list of at least three academic/professional references and one reference from a local church leader - with telephone and email contact information
- A copy of all academic transcripts (an official copy must be submitted prior to formal employment)
- A statement of research interests, including any publications and conference presentations.
The review of applications will begin immediately with the successful applicant beginning employment in the fall semester of 2012. The position will remain open and the application process will continue until the position is filled.
Please send all application materials to:
Ryan Newell, Ph.D.
Chair, Department of Psychology and Family Studies
Oklahoma Christian University
P.O. Box 11000
Oklahoma City, OK 73136-1100
Phone: (405) 425-5450
Oklahoma Christian University is an equal opportunity employer.