Program Director, Master of Healthcare Administration
Position: The Program Director position, working with the Dean and Associate Dean of College of Natural and Health Sciences, will provide leadership for the development, implementation, launch, and ongoing management of the Master of Health Administration (MHA) program at the College of Natural and Health Sciences at Oklahoma Christian University. The Program Director will also participate in teaching for the program. This position reports directly to the Associate Dean of the College of Natural and Health Sciences.
Qualifications: Master’s degree is required. A terminal degree in an appropriate discipline relative to healthcare administration (e.g. PhD, M.D.) with experience in teaching, advising, and graduate program development and oversight is preferred. The ideal candidate will possess at least five (5) years of industry experience in positions related to hospital administration/healthcare administration, with increasing breadth and level of management responsibility. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Development of program value proposition and program features that clearly enhance differentiation and competitiveness
- Guidance of MHA program development and implementation (e.g., program and curriculum design, faculty recruitment and hire, integration of program with academic and core business processes at Oklahoma Christian, management of program accreditation, marketing, and student recruitment and retention)
- Management of vendors that supports the program
- Development of internal and external advisory relationships and partnerships (e.g., deans of other academic units at OC, external employers)
- Supervise student recruitment, admissions, and retention policies and activities.
- Direct and oversee all matters related to advising and counseling students.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and consensus-building skills.
- Involvement with relevant professional, government, and/or industry associations and agencies, and a record of developing strategic partnerships with critical external organizations
- Ability to tactfully and effectively respond to and handle a broad range of high level and sensitive interpersonal situations, conflicts, and problems involving diverse personalities.
- Become a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and ability to work independently.
- Experience in academic program development, teaching, and administration.
- Online education experience.
- Faithful, active member of the Churches of Christ.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position also requires regular monitoring of social media accounts and frequent attendance at events outside of standard office hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard university benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins November 3, 2017, and continues until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.