Position: Reporting to the Chief of Police, OC police officers have frontline responsibility for providing safety and security to the campus community. Officers are also responsible for enforcing the laws of the State of Oklahoma and the rules and regulations of the University.
Who We Are
Oklahoma Christian University is a diverse community of scholars and learners, of seekers and sowers, all committed in service to a common mission to “transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service.” Though dependent on God’s and each other’s grace, we aspire to professional and personal standards reflective of Christ’s example and adherent to principles drawn from holy scripture. To assist our individual and collective accountability to these standards, university employees enter a Covenant of prescriptive conduct and assent to a Statement of Commitment that identifies defining core beliefs. The university recognizes that employment at OC is not a fit for everyone, so we encourage you to explore what we believe to determine if our mission is your calling.
As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- High School Diploma or GED required. CLEET certification required.
- College degree/hours and/or experience working in a higher education environment a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Must be an active member of a local church.
- Campus community policing/high visibility patrolling in order to secure a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and guests of the university.
- Conduct preliminary investigations, prepare reports, and respond to emergencies.
- Must pass a comprehensive criminal background check with no felony convictions.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly principled ethics and moral character.
- Must be willing to work any shift any time, day or night.
- Must be team player with understanding of institutional interests.
- 40 hour work week, shifts may vary.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Uniforms and equipment provided
Timetable: Application review begins March 12, 2019 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Church of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission. Such consideration includes preference for qualified candidates who are members of the Church of Christ.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local church, and to support the Christian mission of the University and its unique, identifying relationship with the Church of Christ. Adherence to the OC Covenant and signed assent to the OC Statement of Commitment are required of all employees.