Position: Reporting to the Chief of Police, OC police officers have frontline responsibility for providing safety and security to the campus community. Officers are also responsible for enforcing the laws of the State of Oklahoma and the rules and regulations of the University. As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- High School Diploma or GED required. CLEET certification required.
- College degree/hours and/or experience working in a higher education environment a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Campus community policing/high visibility patrolling in order to secure a safe environment for students, faculty, staff and guests of the university.
- Conduct preliminary investigations, prepare reports, and respond to emergencies.
- Must pass a comprehensive criminal background check with no felony convictions.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly principled ethics and moral character.
- Must be willing to work any shift any time, day or night.
- Must be team player with understanding of institutional interests.
- 40 hour work week, shifts may vary.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
- Uniforms and equipment provided
Timetable: Application review begins October 10, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.