Personal Financial Counselor
Position: The Personal Financial Counselor advises and assists prospective and current students regarding the financial aid and scholarship process.
Primary Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. The position reports directly to the Director of Student Financial Services. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Tracking and verification of student files.
- Monitoring account balances and collecting student accounts receivable.
- Maintaining compliance with government and university policies.
- Packaging of new and returning student award letters.
- Processing student loans.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with students.
- Friendly, positive, and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with student financial aid programs a plus.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional Saturdays and some overtime.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Applications received by May 16, 2017 are assured full consideration. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.