NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of March 13, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Part-Time Administrative Assistant to the Director of Admissions
The Administrative Assistant will work part-time (approximately 25-30 hours per week Monday through Friday with flexible scheduling) in the fast paced, welcoming environment of the Office of Admissions. The Administrative Assistant should have a solid working knowledge of office processes and systems. The Administrative Assistant will interact with students, faculty, staff, and the public. The position requires the ability to work independently with limited supervision and as part of a team.
The Administrative Assistant performs a wide range of complex secretarial, clerical, and project-based duties. The position requires an individual to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image. The Administrative Assistant will plan, organize, prioritize and execute assignments. Candidate should be highly efficient, able to multi-task, and able to meet deadlines despite interruptions.
Responsibilities include scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings & travel arrangements, managing correspondence, cross-training with other staff on process/procedures, and processing and reconciling expenses.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Admissions Office with planning and carrying out events including group visit days, college fairs, high school visits and other such opportunities; attend events as needed and oversee assigned special events
- Manage the expense reporting process for the Office of Admissions
- Assist the Director of Admissions by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information;
- Responds to inquiries from prospective students and parents
- Maintains appointment schedule for the Director of Admissions by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, phone calls, and travel
- Occasionally represents the Admissions Office in campus meetings with and without the Director of Admissions present
- Coordinate the procurement of promotional items for the Admissions Office
- Provide coordination and support for details related to the University's group visit programs
- Occasionally welcome visitors to the Admissions Office by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Ability to work across teams and with a variety of projects and constituencies
- Strong attention to details
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Organizational/Planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR RELATED EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess:
- High school diploma and 3 years of experience as an administrative assistant with solid knowledge of office processes and systems, preferably in an educational environment. A college degree can substitute for the 3-year experience requirement.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Benefits package varies depending on percentage of FTE.
Application review begins February 24, and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and OC Application Form to Michael Mitchell, Director for Admissions email@example.com.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.