NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 5, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position Summary: The individual selected as Media Communications Coordinator (full-time position) is responsible for shooting/editing video projects and producing content for the university’s social media outlets.
The position reports to the Director of Editorial Services in the University Marketing and Communications Office.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Experience in marketing, public relations, advertising, broadcast journalism or a related field is preferred. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working on creative video projects.
- Covering university events as videographer.
- Working closely with Media Production Coordinator on video, events and related projects.
- Promoting the university through currently used social media outlets.
- Exploring new social media outlets including Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Monitoring the web for mentions of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Assisting faculty/staff/departments with their social media efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Cinema 4d, Soundbooth, and Pro Tools.
- Experience shooting with different cameras. We currently use the Canon 6d and Panasonic AG-HPX170P.
- Experience creating video animation and CG’s.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube.
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Faithful, active member of the Churches of Christ.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Wes McKinzie, Director of Editorial Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).