NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 31, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Managing Director, University Honors Program
Position: Reporting to the Honors Program Director who in turn reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, the individual selected as Managing Director will provide leadership and support to the director, assistant director, faculty, and students to achieve the mission of the Honors Program and the University.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in Colleague and Recruiter a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Supervise Honors Program Assistant and Work-Study program.
- Create and keep mailing lists for recruits
- Send recruiting letters, guest speaker invitations, program acceptance letters, roommate possibilities, Facebook/social media, and other relevant information to mailing lists and referred students.
- Call recruits on the phone to encourage to fill out Honors application, send writing sample, and set up interview with the Director
- Help with all OC high school days and Honors House breakout sessions
- Visit with recruits and their parents, prepare packets with information, arrange Honors House tours, and set up visit to Honors class
- Prepare acceptance letters and letters of intent
- Enroll accepted students in classes and help with Honors House room assignments
- Assist Director in preparing PRP and Assessment reports
- Manage marketing request for postcards, slide shows, videos, photography, and recruitment
- Organize, recruit and manage Summer Honors Academy
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Frequent attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins April 20, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.