Mailroom Postal Assistant
Position: The Mailroom Postal Assistant provides mailroom activities, including the sorting and delivery of incoming mail, as well as the preparation and sending of outgoing mail. This position reports directly to the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director of University Services.
- Some college credit and/or retail work experience preferred.
- Must be a quick learner in a fast paced environment, ability to communicate effectively, demonstrate critical thinking, use organizational skills, work independently, easily trainable, with the ability to identify and solve problems properly.
- Have a current driver’s license.
- Physical requirements are using hands for mail sorting, be able to stand, sit and walk for an extended period of time, and must be able to safely lift up to seventy (70) pound packages.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Maintain confidentiality and sanctity of the mail.
- Provide retail, domestic and international postage mail service.
- Learn the classes of mail and follow the rules and postal mail regulations.
- Assist and lead student workers in the proper acceptance, delivery, and process of mail.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of Campus mail, and make on-campus mail deliveries as needed.
- Verify student timesheets, schedules, and accurate recording.
- Office duties include filing, inventory of retail products, computer file research, data entry, and cashier.
- Adjust to changes and additional duties as needed.
- Follow training processes and use safety guidelines.
- Main office skills required: computer skills with Xcel, Word, and Outlook, filing, phones, and data entry skills.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Pleasant environment to work in.
- Mail cart will be utilized on campus during different types of weather related road conditions.
- Part-time, up to 18 hours per week with some flexibility.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wage plus limited benefits package.
Timetable: Application review begins March 1, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.