NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of May 21, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Integrated Communication Specialist
Position: Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communication, the Integrated Communication Specialist is responsible for a wide range of communication functions. Serving as chief writer and editor for all university publications, news, etc., the position oversees all social media accounts and manages social media content for Facebook and Twitter. The position also assists with media relations, news and feature writing, developing content for the university’s website, and crisis communication. The position is also responsible for assisting campus clients with marketing strategy.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Minimum three years experience (five or more preferred) in marketing, advertising, editing, social media, media relations, journalism, or related field is preferred. Creative writing experience also a plus. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Writing news releases and features.
- Overseeing university social media channels.
- Writing search engine-optimized content for the university website.
- Serving as point person for crisis communications (weather/emergency updates, etc.).
- Serving as editor for Vision magazine.
- Editing marketing content for print, social, and web.
- Responsible for advertising buys and overall marketing strategies.
- Assisting faculty/staff/departments with marketing strategy.
- Promoting the university through Facebook, Twitter, and other text-driven social media tools.
- Exploring new social media opportunities.
- Serve as primary contact for media relations.
- Monitoring the web for mentions of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communication team on marketing, branding, and campaign initiatives.
- Coordinating and executing qualitative and quantitative research to inform marketing strategies.
- Hiring student interns to assist with communication efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to write in various styles and voices for various channels (news writing, creative writing, writing for social and web).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the university's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Great team player with an ability and desire to work in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Knowledge and use of social media outlets.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google suite of applications (or similar applications). Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is preferred.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference; not just earn a living.
- Faithful, active member of the Churches of Christ.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position also requires regular monitoring of social media accounts and frequent attendance at events outside of standard office hours.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard university benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins November 3, 2017, and continues until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, two short writing samples, links to social media accounts, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.