Human Resources Payroll Director
Position: As part of a comprehensive human resources team, the Payroll Director provides leadership in the areas of payroll and employee benefits services. The payroll director also leads the on-boarding process for new employees and reports to the Vice President for Human Resources.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Payroll and/or benefits experience and/or higher education experience preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural differences. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Process all personnel actions affecting employee status relative to compensation and benefits eligibility
- Process and maintain records for all personnel actions, including full-time and adjunct faculty contracts, and extra-contract assignments for overloads and intersession classes
- Maintain appropriate and confidential employee records both electronically (Datatel/Colleague) and with paper files
- Lead HR team collaboration to administer initial benefits enrollment and the annual benefits enrollment process
- Transmit electronic ACH files to the bank for payrolls and pre-notes
- Appropriately respond to qualified inquiries for employee/former employee information
- Coordinate with and assist accounting services with state and federal reporting requirements and compliance with tax deposits
- Provide friendly assistance and explanations to employees regarding compensation and benefits questions
- Process monthly and semi-monthly payroll for full-time faculty and staff, part-time staff and adjunct faculty
- Interface with accounting services concerning changes in billing and payment information affecting benefits and budget controls
- Coordinate with tax accountant regarding W-2s, quarterly reports, and bank account reconciliation
- Collaborate on other administrative tasks and projects of the human resources team as needed
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel)
- Experience with DataTel/Colleague or other HRIS systems a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- In the spirit of team, a willingness to subordinate self-interest to the University's interest
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins March 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply submit a resume, cover letter, a brief statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.