NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of October 3, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Human Resources Director
As part of its commitment to expand and improve employee services, Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a proven human resources professional to join its HR team and contribute to general departmental leadership and provide administrative oversight to selected disciplines/functions of the university’s comprehensive program of human resources and employee services. Reporting to the chief human resources officer, the HR Director’s assignment to specific areas of primary responsibility will be flexible to maximize individual strengths and to optimize the HR team’s collective talents.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree and higher education experience preferred. Preferred applicants will possess at least 5 years of relevant experience in human resource management and hold PHR or SPHR certification. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
Departmental Responsibilities from which the director’s assignment will be drawn include:
- Benefits and Compensation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Employee Classification and Data Management
- University Policy Compliance and Manual Maintenance
- Evaluation and Performance Management Initiatives
- Employee Relations
- New Employee Orientation
- Professional and Career Development Programs
- Institutional Reports (CUPA, IPEDS, DOL, OESC, etc.)
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Recruitment and Hiring Procedures
- Employee Safety & Welfare
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated history of personal and professional integrity consistent with principles of Christian ethics
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- In the spirit of team, willingness to subordinate self-interest to the university’s interests
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of HRIS systems, especially Ellucian Colleague
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving acumen
- Demonstrate record of administrative-level decision making and accountability
- Ability to articulate an understanding of and commitment to the mission Oklahoma Christian for presentation to internal and external constituents
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile - Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins July 18, 2014 and continues until position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, OC application form and a personal statement of faith to Human Resources Assistant Lisa Jones at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.