NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of June 9, 2016, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: Reporting to the Director of Residence Life, the Housing Coordinator works as a member of the Residence Life team to provide an excellent living experience for students through the effective management of housing selection and assignment processes, collaborative teamwork, and exceptional customer service.
- Some college credit and/or relevant work experience required, college degree preferred.
- Secretarial, housing, and/or higher education experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate in both form and substance in a manner that affects a positive and professional image for the University and the Residence Life Office.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond appropriately to questions from individuals and groups, including co-workers, parents, and students.
- Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Administer room assignments for the fall and spring semesters.
- Aid and manage summer and Christmas housing assignments.
- Actively monitor and manage office communications, often including emails and office phone calls.
- Prepare and distribute accurate weekly housing reports to Senior Leadership.
- Edit, compile, and appropriately distribute weekly “Eagle Feedback” form as submitted by Resident Assistants.
- Assist in maintaining an updated Residence Life website.
- Partner with Student Financial Services office as needed to ensure housing bills are accurate and timely.
- Be available during various perspective student orientations to make presentations and/or answer questions.
- Support Resident Directors in their positions: provide a listening ear, advice, reminder of procedures.
- Must be punctual, professional, and detail oriented.
- Ability to learn and adapt to changes in software products and other advancements in technology.
- Ability to maintain positive, effective and collaborative relationships with co-workers.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins April 14, 2016 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.