NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of April 7, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Honors Staff Assistant
Honors Staff Assistant
Position: The part time Honors Staff Assistant provides leadership and support to the managing director and director to achieve the mission of the Honors Program and the University. The Staff Assistant is responsible for supporting the Director’s work to implement the program’s strategic plan in accordance with Program and University policies and procedures. This position reports directly to the Honors Managing Director and the Honors Program Director who in turn reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Primary Qualifications: Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- New student recruiting for Honors and Honors Summer Academy
- Support Honors through managing email contact, applications, and other details
- Create and keep mailing lists for recruits
- Send recruiting letters, program acceptance letters, and other relevant information to mailing lists and referred students
- Set up files and spreadsheets for prospective students
- Call recruits on the phone to encourage to fill out Honors application, send writing samples and set up interviews with the Director.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel abilities
- Professional appearance for the university community
- Physical ability sufficient to walk moderate distances, lift moderate loads, and stand for moderate periods of time
- Drive to and support occasional off campus events to represent OC
- General office duties
- 18 hours per week Monday - Friday
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wage plus limited benefits package.
Timetable: Application review begins February 1, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.