Head Women's Softball Coach
Position: Reporting to the Athletics Director, the Head Women’s Softball Coach is responsible for all aspects of guiding an intercollegiate Softball program that achieves excellence in the development of student-athletes spiritually, socially, academically, and athletically.
- Commitment to a coaching philosophy/style consistent with Christian principles and high standards of personal integrity and sportsmanship.
- Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated record of support for academic priorities in higher education and intercollegiate sports. Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Willing and able to work nights, weekends, holidays, and early mornings.
- Willing and able to travel extensively February through May, and August through October.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with some knowledge of marketing and public relations
- Fundraising experience preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with all university constituencies, including students, faculty, staff, administration, fans, alumni, trustees, members of the media, and program and institutional donors.
- Ability to promote and present a program that adds value to the campus-life experience of all students and is attractive to the broader university community.
- Understanding of NCAA rules and demonstrated commitment to compliance with all applicable national, conference and institutional regulations governing intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to understand and willingness to comply with all university policies.
- Ability to accurately assess and recruit students with the capacity to meet the academic rigors of Oklahoma Christian University and to compete athletically at the highest levels of the NCAA-Division II.
- Highly cooperative and collaborative with all university programs, including intramurals, campus wellness, student life, and academic endeavors, such as the sports and wellness degree program.
- Commitment to the university’s mission to transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship and service and willingness to serve with a second-mile spirit.
- For all students, especially those participating in intercollegiate Women’s Softball, a commitment to education of the whole person.
- Ability to articulate a persuasive case for the educational value of intercollegiate sport and the Women’s Softball program.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial and cultural barriers.
- Personal history and reputation that demonstrate high standards of professional integrity and social responsibility consistent with the calling of a disciple of Christ.
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ.
- Lead the university’s Women’s Softball program in a manner that is distinctively Christian.
- Recruit and develop student-athletes to a standard of success that aspires to each individual’s full potential---spiritually, socially, academically and athletically.
- Effectively manage the operational budget set forth by the university
- Fundraising and marketing duties for the Women’s Softball program as directed by the Athletic Director.
- Organize and direct community service projects for the Women’s Softball Program.
- Ensure personal and program compliance with NCAA and conference rules and university policies, including successful performance annually on the NCAA recruiting exam.
- Monitor academic progress of all Women’s Softball student-athletes, including oversight of study hall sessions.
- Oversee all Women’s Softball program activities to ensure their safety and positive contribution to the welfare of participating students.
- Coordinate with the athletics department and other departments (including summer academies, sports/wellness degree or similar academic programs) to develop outreach programs such as youth camps and coaching clinics that promote and support the Women’s Softball program, the athletics department and other university programs and initiatives.
- Oversee scheduling and travel arrangements
- Maintain and manage Women’s Softball equipment and facilities including, but not limited to, fields, laundry, bleachers, dressing rooms, offices
- Effectively collaborate with other university departments and serve on university and/or departmental committees as assigned.
- Other appropriate duties as assigned.
- Occasional heavy lifting is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Applications received by May 29, 2018 are assured full consideration. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
All support materials/communications should also be directed to the above address of the human resources department and noted to the attention of the Women's Softball Search Committee. Please do not attempt to contact directly members of the Committee or the University staff.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.