Opening Date for Hire: April 10, 2012
NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of April 13, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
General Job Description:
The primary responsibility of a Freshman Counselor is to support the mission of Freshman Experience. A Freshman Counselor is to be purposeful and intentional in helping Oklahoma Christian freshmen achieve success academically, spiritually, and socially.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Desire to be a positive and active Christ-like role model in the lives of students.
- Comfortable with being around new people and to have the ability to facilitate conversation.
- Flexible with your time. Student’s lives do not fit between 9 and 5 and often calls for us to be available outside work hours.
- Able to handle frequent interruptions and handle various tasks at once.
- Efficient in computer skills.
- The ability to manage and organize projects.
- Oklahoma Christian Alum preferred.
- Be the example of a Christ-centered professional and to actively seek opportunities to encourage the development of student’s spirituality.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and coordinating activities that introduce new students to Oklahoma Christian.
- Support programs that are developed and executed by the Freshman Experience office, with the goal of enriching and encouraging success in our first year students.
- Participate in on campus activities and support programs across campus, which will be an encouragement to all our students, staff, and faculty.
- To be present in student’s lives outside of office hours.
- Actively seek creative ways to foster meaningful relationships with freshman students.
- To be accountable for students retention and to use Lighthouse to track the success of students.
- Assume the responsibility of freshman officers and develop on-going training for them throughout the school year.
- Communicate with various offices, such as housing, financial services, and registrars, about situations regarding students and seek to help the student find positive outcomes.
- To support, assist, and be an active contributor to the Student Life Office, as they seek to better the lives of every student at Oklahoma Christian.
Oklahoma Christian University is affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Each applicant should be an active member of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example and love of Jesus Christ.
Please send resumes to:
Director of Freshman Experience
Oklahoma Christian University