NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of March 7, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
- President, Oklahoma Christian University (OC)
- Primary responsibility for program development and coordination of Academy events including but not limited to: Four Star Leadership with General Tommy Franks, Constitution Day, Chick-Fil-A LeaderCast, and Libertas.
- Assist the OC President in various civic, community, and governmental relations.
- Manage general operations of the Academy, including the preparation of budgets and supervising of Academy staff.
- As appropriate, work with current and prospective donors, senior managers, the professional legal, tax, and accounting communities, judicial and governmental officials, and the OC academic community.
- Primary responsibility for raising funds for the Academy through the cultivation and management of grants and private donations.
- Maintain healthy relationships and communication with the Academy's Board of Directors, OC's senior leadership team, and the OC campus community.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certification
- Required: Masters Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Doctors Degree or equivalent experience
- Five years of management/leadership experience (Required)
- Involvement and commitment to promoting and preserving liberty and free enterprise, and to developing leaders.
- Ability to make friends in the business, civic, and governmental communities.
- Long-standing and deep commitment to the foundational intellectual principles and practical applications of liberty, free enterprise, and servant leadership.
- Ability to set priorities, solve problems, and supervise program development and advancement strategies from conception through cultivation to completion.
- Ability to supervise and motivate colleagues in the implementation of Academy programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with many different personality types and competing agendas.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, impeccable integrity, and a highly developed ethical sense to avoid impropriety and minimize conflict of interest.
- A strong identification with and support of the University's goals and mission, and the ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Faithful, active member of the Churches of Christ.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits:
- Health insurance
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Resume, references, and letter expressing philosophy and commitment to liberty, free enterprise, and leadership should be sent to Dr. Mike E. O'Neal, President.