NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of September 8, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Posted: July 28, 2014
Position: Reports directly to the Language and Culture Institute Director.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (TEFL/Linguistics) required. Master’s degree (TEFL/Linguistics) preferred. International experience and TEFL teaching experience required, SL skills preferred. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Help students acquire English language and the academic skills needed for success in university
- Weekly instruction
- Activities directly related to classes such as testing, planning, grading, and materials development
- Advising and assisting students after class
- Assistance with administrative tasks including placement, orientation, scheduling, student evaluation, and program review
- Participate in program meetings and off-campus activities and events
- Genuine commitment to students, the profession and to the philosophy espoused by Oklahoma Christian University
- Ability to work with all proficiency levels, ranging from very basic to advanced
- Familiarity with and willingness to use innovative approaches, including project-based, content-based, communicative, and experiential learning curricula
- Superior verbal, written, interpersonal skills
- Sensitivity to and ability to accept cultural differences; ability to adapt to a way of life requiring understanding, conformity and flexibility
- Average 3-4 hours per day Monday-Friday
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Timetable: Application review begins July 28, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should go online to www.oc.edu to fill out the OC employment application and submit along with a CV/resume, philosophy of language teaching statement, and cover letter to Lisa Jones, Administrative Assistant for Human Resources, at Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, gender, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.