NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 2, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Director of Residence Life
Position: Working as part of the Student Life team to enhance the student experience at Oklahoma Christian University through relationships, mentoring, and a residential community to support the students’ work.
Oklahoma Christian University places a priority on a dynamic residential living experience for undergraduate students. This experience is an integral part of the preparation of an OC graduate.
The Director of Residence Life reports directly to the Vice President of Student Life
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; a Master’s degree in student personnel or higher education preferred. Experience in university residence life and working with ADA, Title IX, and FERPA regulations preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial and cultural barriers. Candidate must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Overall leadership and management of the Residence Life program
- Select, train and lead a team of Resident Directors to uphold the community standards at OC and enrich the student experience.
- Coordinate all aspects of the room assignment process with the goals of high student satisfaction and near 100% occupancy.
- Establish the mission and goals of Residence Life with feedback from the VP of Student Life, other staff and students.
- Develop a Residence Life scorecard to actively monitor key performance indicators including room occupancy rates, net revenue generated, operating margin, and retention rates of residents. Create residence life reporting system that produces this information for residence life staff and others.
- Coordinate all move-in and move-out processes including planning, training, and communication.
- Develop and implement a plan to fully utilize residence halls and apartments at all times, including summers, to maximize net revenue generated from housing assets.
- Coordinate the physical operation and repairs to all residential facilities to include assessing the furnishings, carpets and facility conditions each year to determine what replacements and improvements are needed to keep the facility in good condition.
- Review and revise residential life policies and procedures governing the operation and administration of the residential experience.
- Be on call for Resident Directors and Resident Assistants.
- Coordinate the Admissions Office use of model rooms or showing the Residence Halls to prospective students.
- Maintain a culture of serving students to help students succeed at OC and graduate on schedule. Support the University retention goals by implementing specific residence life initiatives to improve retention.
- Assist and coordinate with planning and execution of Student Affairs events, including new student orientation, campus visit days, etc.
- Serve on Campus Emergency Response Team with special consideration given to the issues surrounding the residence halls.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with achievement of the University mission.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate both in oral and written form. Form and substance must be communicated in a manner that affects a positive and professional image for the University and the Residence Life Department.
- A dynamic leader that can move others in the department to action.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from individuals and groups, including employees, parents, students, and the general public.
- Must be punctual and detail oriented.
- Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions, including the ability to learn and adapt to changes in software products and other advancements in technology.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the community.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, effective and collaborative relationships with co-workers to build a team of residence life professionals that work together to achieve common objectives.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Some attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Applications received by May 16, 2017 are assured full consideration. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.