Director of Freshman Experience
Position: The responsibility of the Director of Freshman Experience is to manage, direct and create purposeful programing that encourages academic success and the retention of first year students. The Director of Freshman Experience reports to the Vice President, Dean of Student Life.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Leadership experience preferred. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural differences. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Help the university achieve its retention goal for the first time college students (FTC).
- Oversee and manage the Freshman Experience and Take Flight/Earn Your Wings (summer orientations) budgets.
- Create a positive working environment for employees. Actively teaching, training and enriching them for the betterment of the office and the retention of FTC students.
- Be the example of a Christ-centered professional and to actively seek opportunities to encourage the development of student’s spirituality.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate activities that introduce new students to Oklahoma Christian.
- Participate in on-campus activities and support programs across campus, which will be an encouragement to all our students, staff and faculty.
- Be accountable for FTC student retention and to be knowledgeable on the percentage of students who are being retained.
- Be responsible for assigning cases in Lighthouse (OC’s online early alert system) to the appropriate person(s) and to track the success of those students.
- Actively seek creative ways to foster meaningful relationships with freshman students.
- Develop relationships with various faculty and offices, such as housing, financial services, and registrars and communicate efficiently with those offices about situations regarding students and to help facilitate positive outcomes for these students.
- Ability to communicate in both form and substance in a manner that affects a positive and professional image for the University and the Student Life Department.
- Ability to effectively present information to and respond to questions from individuals and groups, including student, employees, parents, and the general public.
- Must be punctual and detail oriented.
- Ability to use computer and computer related programs and other technologies needed to perform essential job functions.
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins April 20, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply submit a resume, cover letter, a brief statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.