NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of February 11, 2019, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Director of Admissions
Position: Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Director of Admissions leads the Admissions Office first time college (FTC) sales staff of ten to twelve admissions counselors and assistant directors. As a Christ-centered university, Oklahoma Christian values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become more inclusive and fully representative of God’s broad array of human creation, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three to five years experience leading and managing a team in a goal driven environment.
- Recruiting or sales experience desired.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ
- Supervise the FTC and Early Contact Admissions Counselors.
- Ensure counselors successfully meet funnel and enrollment goals and meet or exceed weekly and monthly contact assignments.
- Carefully monitor and run reports for weekly and monthly funnel goals and contact assignments for counselors.
- Meet at least one time per month with each admissions counselor.
- Provide travel oversight and planning for each admissions counselor.
- Develop yearly and monthly funnel goals for admissions staff based on historic data including enrollment, deposit, accepted, and application numbers.
- Plan and oversee new counselor training including developing curriculum.
- Plan and oversee ongoing counselor training including “just in time” training.
- Plan and conduct two meetings each week with admissions staff.
- Serves as Admissions office budget manager
- Manages daily budget of the Admissions Office
- Participates in trend studies to ensure office is appropriately resourced
- Analyzes current budget for savings opportunities
- Serves as coordinator for VIP prospective student list
- Develops and maintains a VIP list of sophomores, juniors, seniors and transfer students.
- Provides contact beyond counselor contact to VIP’s
- Coordinates campus contact to VIP’s
- Assist the Admissions Marketing Manager with Student Call Center to-do’s.
- Assist with Eagle for a Day and Spring Visit oversight and programming.
- Serve as liaison to OC’s Academic Departments and faculty.
- Other duties as assigned
- Familiarity with and knowledge of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- Ability to work independently; must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Intellectual creativity, independent judgment, and impeccable integrity.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Work is primarily in an office environment, but setting for prospect meetings/presentations will vary.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Frequent attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
- Travel is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins November 26, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.