Dean, College of Liberal Arts
Position: The College of Liberal Arts is the largest college of the university and consists of eight academic departments (Art and Design, Communication, Education, History and Political Science, Language and Literature, Music, Psychology and Family Sciences, and Criminal Justice). The university is seeking a full-time, tenured faculty member from the current employees of the college who will also serve as a dynamic, outward-facing leader, including all duties as described in Faculty Policies 3.06. The successful candidate will be a strong advocate for liberal-arts education, value collaboration, cultivate transparency, and enjoy shared governance with many stakeholders, as well as model a habit of creative and flexible thinking with respect to innovation, growth, development, financial management, and mentoring of academic leaders. The dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and participates in a collaborative academic team to meet the challenges of urgent financial and enrollment growth. The Dean operates not only to support the mission and goals of the University, but also plays a central role in the attracting and retaining of new faculty, mentoring of existing faculty, strategic planning, new program leadership, college development and fundraising.
- PhD. or Ed.D preferred with a strong record of teaching in an area of studies taught in the College.
- Demonstrated record at OC or elsewhere of leadership and ability to draw together a group of faculty from across campus for strategic planning and implementation.
- Minimum of ten years of excellence in teaching and a record of professional achievement that commands the respect of the faculty of the college and university.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and committed to the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary competitive commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403 (b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Review of applications for this position will begin Fall 2017 and will continue until the position is filled, subject to VPAA recommendation and President’s approval, preferably before July 1, 2018.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, updated curriculum vitae, OC application form, personal statement of faith, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation (one letter must be from home congregation). Candidates may also submit a writing sample, a written vision for the future development of the college, and a 2-4 page personal teaching philosophy which specifically addresses the integration of faith and learning to Human Resources at email@example.com or P.O. Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. (Electronic attachments and cover letters are preferred.)
Oklahoma Christian is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. All full-time faculty must be active members of the Church of Christ and lead personal lives that reflect the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.