NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of November 20, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: Oklahoma Christian University is seeking a skilled financial leader for the position of University Controller. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller serves as the accounting and financial reporting manager of the University. The Controller directs and oversees all accounting operations, financial reporting, and is directly responsible for the annual audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a CPA required.
- Successful track record of multiple years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, audit, and financial reporting. Experience with non-profit accounting preferred.
- Strong professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices and the ability to apply those principles in a university environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ
- Issue timely and complete financial statements for both internal and external reporting.
- Coordinate monthly closing processes and produce a monthly financial reporting package for executive leadership and the Finance Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Hands-on leadership for audit, including the preparation of schedules and work papers for the external auditors.
- Responsible for all accounting processes for unrestricted and restricted funds of the University.
- Establish and maintain documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Oversee accounts payable function and establish processes to ensure that vendors are paid accurately and on time.
- Manage and supervise other accounting staff
- Work closely with the Budget Director to support budget-to-actual comparisons and support the annual budget process.
- Ensure the University is in compliance with all loan covenants and federal financial requirements.
- Oversee accounting for University subsidiary operations.
- Support for all the normal and routine activities of financial operations including planning, budgeting, monitoring, accounting, financial reporting, and all other activities necessary to the financial operation of the University.
- Strong software proficiency in financial analysis software, such as Excel, and working knowledge of financial reporting tools.
- Ability to learn the University’s ERP system –Colleague (by Ellucian).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to administration, board, employees, and external financial partners of the University.
- High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines.
- Willingness to serve with the 2nd mile spirit
- Support the mission of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Full-time, FLSA exempt position scheduled to work the university's 12 month administrative schedule.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins October 22, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.