NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 7, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Director of Calling & Career
Position: The Director of Calling & Career works alongside and reports to the Executive Director of Advancement to help all Eagles thrive in their pursuit of calling, career, and God’s good life. The Director serves as a career coach, vocational guide, corporate liaison, alumni networker, and event planner.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Applicants must be gifted communicators and connectors, interested in growing OC’s community network. Applicants must also be thoughtful “purpose seekers,” who have a demonstrated ability to mentor others in a search for life calling. Experience in corporate/community relations, recruitment, and/or other external relations roles preferred. Experience in higher education preferred. Experience in ministry a plus. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and an ability to positively engage people across racial, gender and cultural differences.
- Collaborate with academic leadership to establish and pursue vocational goals for OC’s student body
- Assist in building curriculum and overseeing mentoring groups, on-campus coaches, and other volunteer teams related to the Center for Calling & Career
- Assist in building and implementing a Strengths curriculum (aptitude and/or personality tools) for all students—this includes becoming a certified trainer/coach in the selected tools
- Collaborate with OC’s marketing teams to optimize a regular outreach plan for the Center—this includes maintaining the Center’s website, mobile app, and social media accounts
- Systematize resume building and filing for all OC students (including paper documents, LinkedIn, and Handshake accounts)
- Collaborate with Spiritual Life, Student Life, Student Success, the Beam Library, Alumni Relations, and all other academic support centers to ensure that “pursuing life purpose” is a holistically discussed and integrated topic across campus
- Build and maintain rich professional networks in Oklahoma City, Tulsa, DFW, Houston, and other major metro areas where OC most often sends graduates
- Coordinate on-campus job fairs and interviewing
- Develop and present career education programs, including offerings on
resumeand letter writing, job search techniques, interviewing skills, communication tips, professional etiquette and more.
- Provide individualized and group vocational counseling and employment assistance to OC students and graduates
- Build active connections between OC faculty, students, alumni, and industry professionals—bring “real world” corporate and ministry people/stories into the classroom and, in turn, bring the classroom into these
- Actively consider and act on the multidimensional value of OC relationships (e.g. a successful alumnus may enjoy being honored, teaching a class, mentoring a student, hosting a study group, hiring OC interns, referring the Center to new corporate partners, and/or investing in a philanthropic project all in a single cycle)
Passionatefollower of Jesus
- Servant-hearted, diplomatic, and enjoy being with people
- Adaptable to changing
environmentand organizational structures and priorities
- Technically savvy and able to acclimate quickly to new technology (such as new social media tools, recruiting software, open office and cloud-based collaboration tools)
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
Desireto make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Exempt position.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; however, evening, weekend, and traveling assignments will be common and required in this role.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Position to begin Summer 2018. Application review begins June 26 and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, personal statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.