NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of June 27, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: The career services director is responsible for planning, developing and executing career and employment assistance programs for students, graduates and alumni of Oklahoma Christian University. Reporting to the executive director for human resources, the director will be supported as a member of the university HR team in service of the OC mission to transform lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required--graduate degree preferred. Higher education experience preferred. Four or more years of successful, ascending professional experience preferred. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Develop and implement marketing plan to achieve graduate employment goals
- Coordinate on-campus job fairs
- Maintain career services website
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with local and regional employers from both private and public sectors
- Manage Career Builder web service
- Develop and present career education programs, including offerings on resume and letter writing, job search techniques, and interviewing skills
- Create and manage a multi-directional communications strategy between OC job seekers and prospective employers to include maintenance of a database of position announcements and job seekers
- Provide individualized and group career counseling and employment assistance to OC students and graduates
- Actively engage with appropriate career services/placement organizations to enhance professional development and provide access to information on new developments and best practices in the field
- Collaborate with human resources team and other campus departments as needed to achieve the mission of the university
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- In the spirit of team, a willingness to subordinate self-interest to the University's interest
- Trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Exempt position--standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins May 26, and will continue until the position is filled.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and OC Application to human resources assistant Lisa Jones: email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136. OC applications can be found on the same page as the job postings.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.