Benson Hall Executive Assistant
Position Summary: The individual selected for this position will…
- Report to and provide administrative support to the Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
- Serve as executive assistant and receptionist for Benson Hall
- Provide modest support to the Vice President and General Counsel
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum two years administrative work experience. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students, parents, and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Admissions and Marketing to include:
- Assist with special projects
- Serve as liaison between admissions office and President’s office for recruiting functions
- Manage admissions office acceptance letter direct mail processes
- Process petty cash, expense reports, purchase orders, credit card statements, etc.
- Manage calendar, travel plans, etc.
- Process physical mail and low level email response
- Assist in editing Admissions Office student and parent print and email contact
- Assist in editing Marketing Office publications, social media, and web content
- Assist with Board of Trustees meeting preparation
- Provide institutional research enrollment support
- Executive assistant and receptionist duties in Benson Hall (housing the President and his executive team) to include:
- Manage the daily operations of [Benson Hall], ensuring a welcoming work environment that is comfortable, full of positive energy, and teamwork
- Answer phone calls
- Collect and disseminate all executive team incoming mail
- Prepare conference room spaces and lobby for visitor arrival (insure cleanliness, hospitality preparation, stock drinks, etc.)
- Receive visitors
- Hire and task receptionist student workers
- Submit service requests to maintenance staff
- Order office supplies
- Oversee kitchen and workroom spaces
- Conduct afternoon restroom check
- Assist with campus events as needed
- Assist with executive administrative tasks as needed
- A positive, welcoming spirit and love of greeting people and making them feel at home
- Flexible and open to change
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel) and Google suite of applications
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest
- Superior call handling experience; exceptional telephone etiquette and a pleasant phone voice
- Calm and assured under pressure
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination
- Circumspect with sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Team player
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits:
- Health insurance
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins August 28, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.