NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of June 10, 2013, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position Summary: The individual selected for this position will…
- Serve as executive assistant and receptionist for Benson Hall
- Report and provide administrative support to the Vice President for Admissions and Marketing
Qualifications: Some college required, bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum two years administrative work experience. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Executive assistant and receptionist duties in Benson Hall (housing the President and his executive team) to include:
- Manage the daily operations of [Benson Hall], ensuring that we provide a work environment that is comfortable, full of positive energy, and teamwork
- Answer phone calls
- Collect and disseminate all executive team incoming mail
- Prepare conference room spaces and lobby for visitor arrival (insure cleanliness, hospitality preparation, stock drinks, etc.)
- Receive visitors
- Hire and task receptionist student workers
- Submit service requests to maintenance staff
- Order office supplies
- Oversee kitchen and workroom spaces
- Conduct afternoon restroom check
- Assist with campus events as needed
- Assist with executive administrative tasks as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Admissions and Marketing to include:
- Assist with special projects
- Direct mail processing
- Process petty cash, expense reports, purchase orders, credit card statements, etc.
- Manage calendar, travel plans, etc.
- Process physical mail and low level email response
- Assist in editing Admissions Office student and parent print and email contact
- Assist in editing Marketing Office publications, social media, and web content
- Assist with Board of Trustees meeting preparation
- Provide institutional research enrollment support
- A positive, welcoming spirit and love of greeting people and making them feel at home
- Flexible and open to change
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest
- Superior call handling experience; exceptional telephone etiquette and a pleasant phone voice
- Calm and assured under pressure
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination
- Circumspect with sensitive information
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Team player
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits:
- Health insurance
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Oklahoma Christian University is a private, liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Mr. Lynn Hooper, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.