Barista at the Brew (Brewista)
Position: We are looking for responsible individuals who desire to work hard within a fun, busy environment as Baristas. Your primary purpose is to prepare and serve our customers quality beverages according to a standard recipe. Your work will be critical in ensuring the team meets its goals of efficiency, consistency, customer satisfaction, and fun. This position reports directly to the Manager of the Brew/Assistant Manager who in turn will report to the Dean of Spiritual Life.
- Hard Working
- Good interpersonal skills
- Apt in organizing and problem solving
- Interpersonal and mediation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Love Coffee
- Love People
- Bring the two together
- Commit to customer satisfaction
- Greet all customer and present beverage menu
- Discuss beverage items, make suggestions and answer any customer questions
- Describe current promotions and new products
- Take customer orders accurately and efficiently
- Operate coffee making equipment according to Brew’s policy
- Prepare and present beverages according to established recipe and presentation standards
- Ensure the upkeep of OC’s policies and guidelines
- Physical ability sufficient to walk moderate distances, lift moderate loads, and stand for long periods of time
- Drive to and support occasional off campus events to represent OC
- Familiar with financial and customer service principles and practices
- Organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- A bi-weekly schedule will be made regarding the Monday - Saturday hours of operation
- Will be expected to work evenings and weekends.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wage.
Timetable: Application review begins March 20, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.