NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of April 12, 2017, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Assistant Manager of The Brew
Position: We are looking for a responsible Assistant Manager to complement the work of the Manager of the Brew. Your work will be critical in ensuring the team meets its goals of efficiency, consistency, customer satisfaction, and fun. This position reports directly to the Manager of the Brew who in turn will report to the Dean of Spiritual Life.
- Experienced background in the coffee industry
- Adept in the latest brewing techniques and have an above average understanding of coffee science
- Apt in organizing and solving problems
- Interpersonal and mediation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender and cultural barriers.
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Love Coffee
- Love People
- Bring the two together
- Assist the manager in organizing, planning and implementing strategy
- Assist Manager with scheduling
- Assist in Barista training
- Supervise and motivate staff
- Communicate with clients and evaluate their needs
- Drive recruitment process and training & development
- Ensure the upkeep of OC’s policies and guidelines
- Proven experience within a coffee shop
- Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel abilities
- Physical ability sufficient to walk moderate distances, lift moderate loads, and stand for long periods of time
- Drive to and support occasional off campus events to represent OC
- Familiar with financial and customer service principles and practices
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- 20 hours per week Monday - Saturday
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly wage plus limited benefits package.
Timetable: Application review begins February 21, 2017 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.