Opening Date for Hire: November 28, 2011
NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of January 31, 2012, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Oklahoma Christian University is a higher learning community which transforms lives for Christian faith, scholarship, and service.
The key goal of this job is to support the mission of the University through sound financial management
Oklahoma Christian University is seeking applicants for the position for Assistant Controller. This position will report to Chris Bowman, Controller, and is responsible for assisting in directing accounting operations, the annual audit, and developing and maintaining the University's management reporting. Applications will be accepted until the position is removed from the University's job posting, which may occur anytime on or after the "Open Date for Hire".
A. Duties performed
- Assists the Controller in supervising Student Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and payroll transactions
- Responsible for overseeing accounting procedures, internal controls (implementing, monitoring, enhancing), and financial database management
- Routinely audits work flow to assure that all accounting transactions are appropriately authorized
- Assists the Controller in producing accurate and timely financial statements
- Supervises or prepares monthly journal entries
- Assist in the month end and financial reporting process including account analysis and reconciliation
- Produces schedules and work papers for the annual audit
- Assures internal control compliance
- May train staff on internal control procedures
- Maintains and interprets accounting of restricted gifts
- Responsible for maintaining educational plant subsidiary ledgers
- Works on special projects as requested
- Other duties as assigned.
II. Professional Development Requirements:
- Strong Computer Proficiency, Excel and Word skills
- Public communication and report generation skills
B. Training to be obtained:
- Datatel software
- FRX reporting software
- Bachelors degree (required) in accounting and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) status.
- Over four years professional experience in management of accounting, financial reporting, and budgeting systems and processes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines
Oklahoma Christian is looking for employees who are willing to express the "The Second Mile---Serving One Another" goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, active involvement in a local Church of Christ, and support of the Christian mission of the University.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Lynn Hooper, the Director of Human Resources atLynn.Hooper@oc.edu.