NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of August 10, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Annual Giving Coordinator
Position: A member of Oklahoma Christian University’s Advancement Team, the Annual Giving Coordinator works alongside the Director of Advancement Operations to develop, plan and implement efforts that will increase participation in and financial support of the University’s annual giving programs. The Coordinator also advises and collaborates on all mass marketing conducted by the Advancement Team.
Primary Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree is required. OC Alumnus or Alumnae preferred. The position reports directly to the Director of Advancement Operations. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students, parents, and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Oversees the Advancement Team’s marketing and solicitation calendar and coordinates with administrative staff to handle logistics and timing of all large-scale communication efforts.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for the annual Student Callout.
- Assists in all annual membership efforts.
- Oversees the University’s alumni participation brand.
- Drives the Advancement Team’s social media strategy and content.
- Acts as a creative thinker, strategist, and adviser to the Director of Operations.
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communication team on marketing, branding, and campaign initiatives.
- Strong commitment to the goals of Christian higher education and, specifically, to the spirit and culture of Oklahoma Christian University.
- Ability and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with a variety of campus offices and volunteers is critical.
- Comfortable taking the initiative on large-scale projects, exercise sound independent judgement, show a flair for out-of-the-box thinking, have strong verbal and written communication skills, and will rise to the challenge of managing multiple, complex priorities while maintaining attention to detail.
- Experience or education in marketing, sales, or copywriting is preferred.
- Experience working with social media (including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Vine, and more) and a willingness/deftness to experiment in emerging social technologies is preferred.
- The successful candidate will place a premium on customer service and “going the extra mile” for OC donors, alumni, volunteers, and campus community members. Valuing people as human beings, made in God’s image, will be an expectant transcending any logistical efficiency or return on investment.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins May 11, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.