NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of April 2, 2013, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director of Admissions Operations, but also assisting the Director of Admissions and Recruiting, the individual selected for this position will support Admissions Office functions.
Qualifications: Some college required, bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum two years administrative work experience. Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Provide administrative support to Director of Admissions Recruiting, Director of Admissions Operations, and Admissions Counselors as needed
- Direct mail functions to include:
- Process accepted student parent letter and student letter, certificate and packet
- Organize group mailings including printing and prepping for stuffing or mail house
- Print scholarship certificates for Spring Visit, Super Connect, auctions, senior award nights, etc.
- Receptionist duties to include:
- Answering Admissions Office phone calls
- Collecting and disseminating all office staff incoming mail
- Facilitating response for all incoming general office email (to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prepare office for visitor arrival (insure cleanliness, hospitality prep, bake cookies, stock drinks, add names to office screen and disseminate for inclusion on campus screens, etc.)
- Receive visitors as needed (assist Campus Visit Coordinator)
- Ellucian Recruiter technology functions to include:
- Data entry
- Update student prospect contact information
- Budget functions to include:
- Serve as liaison to Business Office
- Process petty cash for counselors
- Process travel checks for counselors
- Collect Visa receipts and assist office staff with Visa reconciliation
- Collect gas receipts
- Process PO’s for Admissions Office
- Assist Director of Admissions Recruiting and Director of Admissions Operations with additional budget functions
- Task student workers in regards to office support functions
- Submit Admissions Office requests to maintenance staff
- Assist with additional Admissions Office responsibilities and functions as needed
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially Word and Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with different personality types and competing agendas.
- A strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University's goals and mission.
- The ability and instinctive response to put the University's interests ahead of personal interest.
- Calm and assured under pressure.
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Circumspect with sensitive information.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living.
- Good team player.
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits:
? Health insurance
? 403(b) matching contributions
? Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Teresa DeBoard, Director of Admissions Operations.