Administrative Assistant, Lou Phillips Welcome Center
NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of March 25, 2013, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Position: Reporting to the Director of Events, the individual selected for this position will support Welcome Center functions. This position is full time with normal office hours and occasional evenings/weekends.
Qualifications: Some college required, bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum two years administrative work experience. Applicants must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
Must Possess the Following Qualities:
- Attention to detail
- Able to work on projects with multiple department input
- Provide Administrative Support to the Director
- Answer the primary phone for the Welcome Center
- Responsible for Office of Events email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Support University events as needed (occasional night and weekends)
- Preparation, Greeting, Registration, Decorating, Planning, Clean up
- Prepare Timely Campus Announcements – receive and distribute
- Coordinate information to the University community
- Initial Contact for Venue Request and Coordination
- Responsibility for University Calendar support and management
- Responsibility for Nexus Electronic Signage – calendar/directory/messages
- Oversee Office of Events Student Workers
- Event Supply Coordination and Inventory
- Event Waivers/Contracts – receiving & maintaining
- Employee Lounge – supplies & maintenance
- Serve as Liaison between the Office of Events and the Business Office for VISA reconciliation, check requests, PO’s, reimbursements
- Assist Director of Events with Budget Management
- Assist the Welcome Center Coordinator with greeting university guests
- Reserved parking signs
- General hospitality for guests
- And other duties as assigned
- Standard University benefits:
- Health insurance
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter via email to Kerri Cunningham, Director of Events at email@example.com.