NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of July 1, 2014, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Target Start Date: August 11, 2014
Position: Reporting to the Chair of the School of Education, the Administrative Assistant provides operational support to the school’s students, faculty and administration.
Primary Qualifications: Effective communication skills, including ability to operate in a technology-dependent environment. Strong organizational and clerical skills. Good interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain positive relationships with a diverse constituency of students, faculty and staff. College degree preferred. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Maintaining current records for all students enrolled and admitted to the School of Education
- Verifying graduation and teacher licensure requirements
- Supervising and overseeing hiring of student workers in the School of Education offices
- Preparing and electronically filing syllabi and other course related material for faculty
- Maintaining faculty information – schedules, faculty load, professional development, evaluations, certifications, processing travel claims, etc.
- Assisting with university, state, and national reports – AACTE, NCATE, Title II, State Department of Education, Regents for Higher Education, and the Exhibits Room
- Maintaining the electronic “shared” files
- Planning school of Education events and hosting on-campus and off-campus personnel
- Keeping records and managing the School of Education budget and expenditures
- Performing clerical tasks to support the School of Education administration and faculty
- Genuine love for all people without discrimination.
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Faithful, active member of a Church of Christ congregation
- Standard office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (30 hours per week)
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins May 20, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled.
Application Instructions: Interested applicants should go online to www.oc.edu to fill out the OC employment application and submit along with a resume and cover letter to Lisa Jones, Administrative Assistant for Human Resources, at Lisa.email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. Applicants should be active members of the Church of Christ and have a personal life that reflects the teachings, example, and love of Jesus Christ.
Oklahoma Christian University complies with all laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment, including those with respect to race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.