NOTE: This job listing has closed. As of April 5, 2018, we are no longer seeking applicants.
Administrative Assistant for the Registrar's Office
Position Summary: Reporting to the University Registrar, the Administrative Assistant assists with general Registrar’s Office functions, such as answering student, faculty, and staff questions, advising students on degree plans and enrollment details, processing transcript requests, and other duties as needed.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Act as the first point of contact for students, faculty, and staff who need the assistance of the Registrar’s Office. Receive emails, phone calls, and walk-in questions and concerns and direct them to other Registrar’s Office employees, as appropriate.
- Assist the Registrar in the management of the Registrar’s Office budget. Process credit card payments and purchase orders for office supplies, professional development and subscriptions, software and technology expenses, etc.
- Keep inventory of office and technology needs and supplies. Order and stock office supplies and update technology requirements as necessary.
- Maintain current and former student and alumni records through Laserfiche. Update current, former, and alumni academic files and records (name and address changes, relationship, etc.).
- Process all other incoming and outgoing on-campus and off-campus mail.
- Provide enrollment verifications as needed for student athletic, insurance, jury duty, veteran’s benefits, and other requirements.
- Reconcile cash drawer funds (payments received for diploma replacements and transcript orders).
- Verify student degrees through the National Student Clearinghouse website.
- General office skills/knowledge, including proficient computer skills;
- Great customer service skills (with Oklahoma Christian University faculty and staff, new and current students, and parents of new and current students);
- Ability to manage confidential records and institutional data efficiently;
- Must be able to work with other University faculty and staff offices and personnel;
- Must be flexible when working on multiple projects at the same time.
- A positive, Christ-centered attitude is also required.
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins January 23, 2018, and will continue until the position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.