Administrative Assistant for the Departments of Psychology & Family Science and History & Political Science
Position: Reporting to the Chairs of Psychology & Family Science and History & Political Science, this position will be a central part of the administrative team for the departments.
Primary Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Effective communication skills, including ability to operate in a technology-dependent environment. Strong organizational and clerical skills. Good interpersonal skills, including ability to maintain positive relationships with a diverse constituency of students, faculty and staff. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers. Active membership in a congregation of the Church of Christ required.
- Manage administrative functions of office including internal and external communications and scheduling
- Confidentially and efficiently maintain departmental/student records
- Facilitate effective communication flow to faculty, staff, and students
- Assist Chairs in a variety in clerical and support functions
- Collaborate across departments
- Assist with administrative tasks as needed
- Effectively interface with Registrar’s office to ensure timely and accurate listing of courses
- Supervise work-study students
- Assist with and coordinate various functions and communication in support of History Day and Oklahoma Psychological Society annual conference.
- Respectful, loyal, dependable, responsible
- Service-oriented and public-friendly disposition
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment and organizational structures and priorities
- Technical savvy in common software tools; Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and time management skills
- Appreciation for diversity and ability to work effectively with different cultural backgrounds and personalities
- Excellent time management skills
- Desire to make a difference, not just to earn a living
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; 10 Months
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- FLSA non-exempt position paid hourly.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- 403(b) matching contributions
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins May 23, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The university complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution, the university is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions, and the university does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the university, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the university.