Administrative Assistant for the Department of Art & Design
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant reports to the chair of Art and Design. The administrative assistant has responsibilities related to the budget, recruitment, assessment, and scheduling.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to use Colleague to assist with scheduling classes, submitting faculty load reports, and accessing student information
- Strong organizational and clerical skills as well as interpersonal skills needed to maintain positive relationships with a diverse constituency of students
- Ability to work well and build relationships with other offices throughout the university
- Willingness to work with departmental faculty on a variety of needs and requests from ordering desk copies to stocking office supplies
- Strong identification with and support of Oklahoma Christian University’s goals and mission
- Must be trustworthy and able to appropriately manage confidential and sensitive information
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and ability to communicate and positively engage students and colleagues across racial, gender, and cultural barriers.
- Must be an active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Providing all paperwork for new faculty and adjuncts to HR, the Dean’s office, and the VPAA
- Mailing contracts to all adjuncts each semester and forwarding signed contracts to the VPAA and Dean’s offices
- Adding all scheduling information in Colleague for each course and making necessary changes
- Scheduling classrooms
- Overseeing timesheets and instructions for student workers
- Keeping copy machine and printers in working order
- Submitting check requests and petty cash accounting
- Helping with recruiting
- Performing clerical tasks that support the faculty
- Other appropriate tasks as assigned by the department chair
- Standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Occasional attendance at evening and weekend events is required.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications and comparable higher education cohort benchmarks.
- Standard University benefits package:
- Health insurance premium support
- Retirement plan: 403(b) matching contribution
- Tuition discount and other staff benefits
Timetable: Application review begins July 18, 2018 and continues until position is filled. To apply, submit a resume, cover letter, statement of faith, and OC application form to Human Resources at email@example.com or Box 11000, Oklahoma City, OK 73136.
Oklahoma Christian University is a private liberal arts university affiliated with the Churches of Christ. The University complies with all laws regarding race, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, military service, and disability. As a religious educational institution the University is permitted by law to consider religious beliefs and practices in making employment decisions and the University does so to achieve its mission.
Oklahoma Christian University is looking for employees who are willing to express the “The Second Mile-Serving One Another” goal of the University, to demonstrate a personal faith in Jesus Christ, to be actively involved in a local Church of Christ, and to support the Christian mission of the University.